Monday 4 April 2011

Just a wee bit nervous about this!!!

A few weeks back I was involved with a local school making clay vessels with class 5 and six who were learning all about ancient Greece. They all made either a pinch pot or a coiled vase which they all really enjoyed. They have been drying out slowly in my workshop and I've been stacking them into a small top loading kiln ready for a bisque firing.
I'm now feeling dread at the thought of opening it after firing incase they explode! Usually I don't worry but because there are so many and they spent so much time on them I'm feeling the pressure a bit, plus I'm using a smaller kiln that I'm not used too. So here goes, I'm gonna switch it on and see.

Their pots occupy 3 shelves of this little kiln, I have some of my test pieces at  the base of the kiln and a couple of my stoneware eggs at the top. (we shall see how they fair) I've fired lots of childrens work in the past but I just feel a little concerned with these as some have small components attatched added with the unfamiliarity of this type of kiln.


Here are some of the pinch & coil pots after first being made.


Drying out in the workshop.

2 comments:

  1. I have my fingers crossed for you. I know exactly how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your crossed fingers must have helped bluedaisy as we had no breakages!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...