Saturday 15 October 2011

Christmas Decorations in the making....

Preparation for some Tree decorations, I'm changing the decorations this year partly because I have less time to do them and also because I just want to offer a few individual ones and less of a "conveyor belt style" opperation in my workshop. It seems in recent years I have had so many at different stages and then when they all come out of the kiln it takes so long matching and putting into sets. So I'm taking the "less is more" approach so I can concentrate on other work.
Here is what I've come up with so far:

A selection of the Christmas Tree decorations at bone dry stage.

Amongst some of the usual stars and hearts I have made some cubes using my little owl stamp and the tile decorations are stamped with various decorations and are ready for sanding.

These will also hang on the tree, but the thread holes are hidden.

The tiles getting some sanding attention before the bisque firing. These will be threaded with wire throught the two top holes when finished. I'll post more photos when they are fired.

11 comments:

  1. These are perfect Christmas decs, looking forward to seeing them all completed. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. they look great. Love the textured stars.
    {Dab and a dash.}

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are lovely! Is it necessary to weight them down as they dry so they are completely flat? I can't wait to see how they look finished I hope you'll share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the stars and the birds :)
    Have you chosen your glazes yet?
    Can't wait to see the 'finished' pics!
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. They all look gorgeous, but I especially like the birds. Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just popped over from Folksy.

    Interesting to see the process. If only people knew what was put into hand made! Hey ho.

    Love them, cant wait to see them finished.
    love
    michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep will post pics, just as soon as I've photographed them. Thank you for all your comments.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...