Friday 17 February 2012

Aboriginal Art Masks ~ School ~

Approximately 200 Aboriginal Art masks made by year 8's dried and fired. The masks were taken from drawings in sketchbooks and designed by the year eights and here are their creations. Symbols and textures have been used based on the Art of the Aboriginal People.


On the drying shelves

Some of the masks as they dry out on the drying shelves.
The clay rollers and stamps that I made for the school children to use in this project.

Some of the finished clay masks after the firing (1000c)



14 comments:

  1. They are excellent. Some are a bit scary too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there might be some other influences at play here. Definitely some scary ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all very unique...love them :) I remember when I did something like this at school and thinking this is fun...I think we did pirate faces!

    Tanesha x
    www.tanesha-marie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Wonderful masks! It really gave me a fantastic idea for making more creative clay-masks for my project work. You have really done an excellent job my friend, by showing here these amazing pictures. I love all those. Thank you dear.
    Aboriginal Art

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...